On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 to Thursday, January 23, 2014, the American Conference Institute will be hosting Houston’s 8th annual FCPA Boot Camp.
This comprehensive two-day forum will address the key issues on, and offer practical solutions to ensure your organization is prepared for and compliant with, the latest FCPA developments.
Marsha Z. Gerber, a partner in Norton Rose Fulbright’s Houston office, is participating as co-chair and presenter at the event. Her presentation is titled, “FCPA and M&As – How to Get Your Target Acquisition-Ready.”
Speaking points will include:
- Reviewing the target’s business model and how employees interact with foreign government officials to assess the full scope of risk
- What makes a target look more attractive to management of the acquiring company?
- Compliance program, code of conduct, employee training
- Policies and procedures, auditing and internal controls
- Governing legal framework and historical risks
- Understanding the acquirer’s liability for FCPA violations pre and post-acquisition
Four Seasons Hotel
1300 Lamar Street
Houston , TX , 77010