On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 to Wednesday, October 22, 2014 from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (US/Central), Norton Rose Fulbright will be presenting its 7th Annual Mergers & Acquisitions School for corporate, in-house legal, investment banking and private equity professionals in Houston, Texas.
This comprehensive program is designed for participants that desire to develop a thorough understanding of the M&A process and agreements from a legal perspective. Invited organizations will have the exclusive opportunity to enroll up to two professionals.
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Non-Circumvention Agreements • Legal Structures of Transactions – Asset Acquisitions, Stock/Equity Acquisitions, Tax-Free Reorganizations • Corporations vs. Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies • Carried Interests
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Letters of Intent • Acquisition Agreement Overview • Legal Due Diligence
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Purchase Price – Form of Consideration, Pre- and Post-Closing Adjustments and Earn-Outs • Representations and Warranties
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
- Pre- and Post-Closing Covenants and Conditions to Closing • Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreements • Employment Agreements
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Regulatory Matters, Including Environmental and Hart-Scott-Rodino • Indemnities
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Termination Provisions and Break-Up Fees; Dispute Resolution – Arbitration • Promissory Notes and Administrative Services Agreements • Closing the Transaction
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- This evening is designed to allow participants to explore two additional topics related to mergers and acquisitions which are of the most interest to them • Session topics may include: Antitrust – HSR, Dispute Resolution, Employment & Labor, Energy, Environmental, Legal Ethics, International, IP, Restructuring and Tax
The classes will be conducted by a team of Norton Rose Fulbright lawyers led by Edward Rhyne, Partner, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP.
Seven Weekly Sessions
- September 10, 2014 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- September 17, 2014 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- September 23, 2014 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- October 1, 2014 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- October 8, 2014 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- October 15, 2014 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- October 22, 2014 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
We will apply for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit with the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1.75 hours for each session.
The Mergers and Acquisitions School is free and restricted to invited guests only. For additional information, please contact Terra Worshek by e-mail or at +1 713 651 5109.
Click here to Register Now.
Norton Rose Fulbright Auditorium
1301 McKinney Street, Mezzanine Level
Houston, TX , 77010