Join us on Thursday, March 26, 2015 for a web seminar on representations and warranties insurance: what is it, why do you want it, and how do you negotiate it?
Buyers and sellers are using M&A representations and warranties insurance more often in transactions as a tool to enhance bids in competitive auction processes and to minimize exposure to post-closing indemnification obligations. This type of insurance is beneficial to both buyers and sellers in M&A transactions by providing access to the insurance industry’s capital and allowing the transfer of certain transaction-related risks in M&A deals to the insurance markets.
Topics will include:
- The specifics about what is covered and not covered in a typical M&A representations and warranties insurance policy.
- How parties can use this type of insurance to mitigate deal risk and close transactions.
- Issues to consider in structuring and negotiating coverage and exclusions under the policy.
- Current trends in insurance regarding premium costs, coverage amounts, and deductibles.
- Claims and the claims process under these types of policies.
- Glen J. Hettinger – Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Scarlet McNellie – Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Jay Rittberg – Americas Head of M&A Insurance, AIG
10:00 am – 11:00 am PDT
11:00 am – 12:00 pm MDT
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CDT
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EDT
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm GMT
Please click here to register.
Stay informed on M&A developments and subscribe to our blog today.